Carvey - Tabletop CNC Router
You can use these free programs to create designs for posters or t-shirts. You can also create SVG designs which can be imported in to Easel and VinylMaster to create cut files.
- Vectr – Create SVG, PNG, JPG files (Platform: web/desktop)
- Inkscape – Create SVG, PNG, JPG, PDF files (Platform: desktop)
- Gravit – Create PDF, SVG files (Platform: web/desktop)
- Pixlr – Create PNG, JPG, BMP, TIFF files (Platform: web)
- GIMP – Create PNG, JPG, BMP, TIFF, and more file types (Platform: desktop)
- Canva – Create custom PDFs from templates (Platform: web)
Vector vs Raster: Raster graphics are composed of pixels, and vector graphics are composed of paths. Raster graphics cannot be scaled larger without losing quality and become blocky and fuzzy (pixelated). Vector graphics can be scaled to any size without loss of quality.
Craftsy – Crafting blog with sewing fundamentals, techniques, pattern making, and more
Find & purchase different designs to stitch using the embroidery machine.
Please note: the Idea Lab does has BES 4 Dream Edition embroidery software for use in the makerspace.
iBroidery – Marketplace for Brother embroidery machines – features licensed designs by Disney, Marvel & more.
Stitching Sewcial – Brother’s blog on sewing, embroidering, and more.
Crafting Projects – Tutorials and projects from the Brother site.
Create 3D designs with these free web-based programs:
- Tinkercad – Great for beginners. Create 3D models that can be exported as a OBJ or STL for the MakerBot Printer.
- SketchUp Free – Create and export STL files. This free web-based design program is better suited for intermediate designers.
Find & share 3D designs from these file-sharing databases: