Sewing & Embroidery Resources
Brother Persona PRS100 Embroidery Machine
Available @ Bob Kirby
Stitch designs on to shirts, towels, totes and other fabrics using this machine.
Only .pes, .phc and .dst embroidery data files can be used with this machine. The Idea Lab has BES 4 Dream Edition embroidery software for use in the makerspace. Create designs with this software using a lab computer then transfer the stitch file to the embroidery machine.
You may also bring stitch files that you have created or purchased on a USB flash drive. You can also create designs directly on the embroidery machine using the touchscreen display of the Persona.
This machine can embroider fabric that is up to 1 mm (1/16 inch) thick. It is recommended that rayon or polyester embroidery thread (120 den x 2 / 135 dtex x 2 / 40 weight) be used in this machine.
Stabilizer and topping are available for purchase, and a limited selection of thread is available for free in the Idea Lab.
We prefer you have previous experience with an embroidery machine or have taken a class in the past.
Create & Learn – Embroidery
- Stitching Sewcial – Brother’s blog on sewing, embroidering, and more.
- Crafting Projects – Tutorials and projects from the Brother site
- Designs by JuJu
- iBroidery – Marketplace for Brother embroidery machines – features licensed designs by Disney, Marvel & more.
- Rivermill Embroidery
- Kreative Kiwi
- Julia’s Needle Designs
- Browse the 746.44 call numbers in our adult nonfiction books, or search the catalog for embroidery or machine embroidery – ebooks are available as well.
Create & Learn – Sewing
- Craftsy – A crafting blog with sewing fundamentals, techniques, pattern making, and more.
Pricing For Embroidery Machine @ Kirby
All embroidery projects must use stabilizer. Projects on high-pile fabrics (towels, fleece, etc) must use stabilizer and topping.
- Tearaway stabilizer: $1.50 per square foot
- Heat N Stay fusible stabilizer: $1.50 per square foot
- Water soluble topping: $1.50 per square foot
- Heat N Gone topping: $1.50 per square foot