Idea Lab @ Bob Kirby
Expanded Hours Coming Soon
Monday: 9 a.m. to 12 noon | 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 12 noon | 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. | 5 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 12 noon | 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. | 5 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 12 noon | 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
To enquire about times outside of published hours or a group tour of the Idea Lab,
please contact Ashley Fowlkes at [email protected].
Upcoming Classes & Events
Register for classes: June
MakerBot 3D Printer: You can submit a file to be printed via our online submission form. On that page you will also find links to free CAD software and various file-sharing design databases.
Carvey CNC Router: Our CNC router uses a free web-based platform called Easel. Carvey and Easel are both designed by Inventables. You will need an Inventables account to access the software. Because Easel is web-based, you can create & save designs at home and then log in to your Inventables account in the Idea Lab to carve them.
MakerBot Replicator 3D Printer
Carvey® CNC Router
Things You Can Create:
Mugs, vases, bowls
Game pieces, plastic prototypes
Plaques and signs
Bags, clothing, accessories
Pinback buttons from art/photos
Iron-on transfers, wall art, signage
Letters & shapes for scrapbooking
T-shirts, aprons, tote bags, mugs
Monogram shirts, towels, totes
Wall art, event posters
- 1.25″ button: $ .22 each
- 2.25″ button: $ .25 each
- 3″ button: $ .45 each
MakerBot PLA Filament
- $.06 per gram of material used
including rafts & supports
Carvey CNC Router
- Two-Color HDPE: 10 for $20; $2/each
Embroidery Machine Stabilizer
- Tearaway stabilizer: $1.50 per square foot
- Fusible tearaway stabilizer: $1.50 per square foot
- Removable Vinyl (24” wide): $1 per square foot
- Permanent Adhesive Vinyl (24” wide): $$1 per square foot
- Heat Transfer Vinyl (10″x12″): $3 per sheet
- 11″x17″: $2.50 / each
- 36″x24″: $5.00 / each
Sawgrass Iron-on Color Transfer Paper
- $2 per sheet (8.5″x11″)
Please note that material costs are subject to change.
Guidelines for Usage
- No food or drink are allowed in the Idea Lab.
- The Library cannot be held responsible for when files do not print/cut correctly, pottery breaks, etc.
- All children 12 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times.