Interlibrary Loan Request
Books not found in WCPL’s collection may be available to borrow from a world consortium of lending libraries.
Submitting a Request
The library has borrowing privileges within OCLC WorldCat, a group of lending libraries across the U.S. and world.
Library card holders may requests items not in WCPL’S collection via WorldCat, which is accessible through our Online Catalog.
NOTE: The following types of materials are NOT available through ILL: new books, new DVDs/Blu-rays, new audiobooks, textbooks, music recordings, microfilm (except census microfilm) or genealogy materials.
To place a request for an item please follow the steps below:
- Login to your Online Library Account (Login Portal Here) by inputting the barcode from the back of your library card and your Password; click Log In. The password should be the last four digits of your phone number when you registered. If this does not work, call any library location to reset it, or click on “Forgot your password?” and it will be emailed to you.
- From the Search menu, select Advanced.
- Click on Select Databases (below the search boxes, on the right).
- Check the box to the left of OCLC WorldCat; leave the box next to PAC (ODIN) checked; click Set Databases.
- Input your criteria in one or more Find: boxes, and click Go! TIP: If you cannot find the item you are looking for, click Add Pending Results (directly above your results) to view more options.
- Review results, and click Place Request for the desired item. TIP: an Availability button at the right hand side of a result indicates that WCPL owns the item; click this button to check the item’s status).
- Select desired Pickup Library from the drop down menu, and click Submit Request.
- Click Continue to confirm your request.
If you need assistance, please call a WCPL location.
You may place up to 8 requests at a time. Once an item has been received, you may request another. The ILL loan period is two weeks.
When the item is available for pickup, you will receive notification either phone or email, depending on the notification type you selected in your library account.
Renewing a Request
Interlibrary Loan renewal requests are made online and are granted at the discretion of the lending library. It may take a few days for the lending library to reply to the renewal request.
Most libraries will grant a 2 week extension. If the renewal is denied, the ILL librarian will notify you by phone or email to return the material. If you are not contacted, you may keep the item for two additional weeks beyond the original due date.
You can now support the Friends by using the Kroger Community Rewards program. Click here to enroll and make sure to pick Warren County Public Library Friends of the Library as your organization!