Interlibrary Loan Request
Submitting a Request
NOTE: The following types of materials are NOT available through ILL: new books, DVDs, recorded books, textbooks, music recordings, feature films, microfilm (except census microfilm) or genealogy materials.
Requests for items are processed through our Online Library. To place a request for an item please follow the steps below:
- Login to your Online Library Account (Login Portal Here).
- Input your Barcode and your Password, and click Log In.
- Password should be the last four digits of your phone number when you registered.
If this does not work, call any WCPL location to reset your password, or click on “Forgot your password?” for your password to be emailed to you.
- From the Search menu, select Advanced.
- Click on Select Databases (below the search boxes, on the right).
- Check the box to the left of OCLC WorldCat; leave the box next to PAC (ODIN) checked; click Set Databases.
- Input your criteria in one or more Find: boxes, and click Go!
- If you cannot find the item you are looking for, click Add Pending Results (directly above your results) to view more options.
- Review results, and click Place Request for the desired item
- (Tip: an Availability button at the right hand side of a result indicates that WCPL owns the item; click this button to check the item’s status).
- Select desired Pickup Library from the drop down menu, and click Submit Request.
- Click Continue to confirm your request.
If you need assistance, please call a WCPL branch location.
You may place up to 5 requests at a time. Once an item has been received, you may request another. The ILL loan period is two weeks.
When the item is available for pickup, you will receive notification either phone or email, depending on the notification type you selected in your library account.
Renewing a Request
Renewal requests must be submitted using the online ILL Renewal Request form or the paper form which can obtained at any branch location.