$.06 per gram (including rafts & supports)
We use MakerBot PLA filament for all of our 3D printing. Polylactic acid (PLA) filament is “a nontoxic resin made of sugar derived from starches found in foods, like potatoes, corn, grain, or even beets.” PLA filament is also compostable and recyclable in a #7 recycling center. (Source: MakerBot)
All files are printed with a 10% infill by default.
View the Technical Specifications
- Any 3D drafting software may be used to create a design as long as the file can be saved in .stl or .obj file format. We recommend Tinkercad or SketchUp Free which are free web-based programs.
- Tinkercad and SketchUp Free may be accessed from any computer with an internet connection.
- Digital designs also are available from various file-sharing databases such as Thingiverse, MyMiniFactory, and Pinshape.
View the WCPL 3D Printing Policy
- Use the attached form (in .stl or .obj file format) to submit your 3D file. Staff will add the model to the printing queue.
- The files will be readied for printing in MakerBot Print. A staff member will view all files in MakerBot Print or other authorized software before printing.
- Files over 7 hrs will not be printed or will be scaled down per the 3D Printing Policy.
- The Library has black, white, gray, clear (natural), blue, red, and yellow filament colors. If you have a color preference please state it when you submit your print file.
- You will be contacted by the a staff member when your print is ready for pickup. It will be held for 7 days.
Thank you for your interest in 3D printing at the Warren County Public Library!
We are not currently accepting 3D print submissions.